Lakife - some grammar ideas
- Kon ... jetz == with ...
- Et kon kolep jetz: I'm with a pigeon
- Li introduces a modifyer phrase
- Piluf sylet li kon soloz jetz: Another weeping bloom
- Piluf (s)ylet: next bloom
- la kon soloz jetz: that has a tear
- Qikon af ... jetz: to want. *af* is the hypothetical particle. Literally "i hypothetically have" or "were i to have".
- et qikon af li lofez qisylet (jetz): I hypothetically have that a sheep becomes another. I want another sheep.
- jetz should be understood with want
one of your pidgeons
- like in czech: jeden z tvých holubů
- near: at the side of - konis == beside
It is near (at my side): an konis You are near: is konis You are near (beside) me: is kon et nis You are here. Is mole. I'm coming (to you). Et qikon is topen. I'm coming there (to your place). Et qitin mole isiz. to stay, remain, wait: mikonis I'll wait until tomorrow: et mikonis pelis ten sylet (pot). Fek ten sylet pot et qeqikez. Tomorrow, I become a goat.
It is proximous: an pelonis You are proximous: is pelonis You are close to me: is pelis et nis You are by (at) my side: is fek pilos nis
It is far: an nufixum / an pes nufix nis. It is without touch. You are far from me: is pes et nis
Is fek tilokum topen. You go out of sight / no sight. Anju qoqifek tilokum topen. He left. Anju qomimole um. He became not here. He left. Is fek nufixum topen. You go out of touch / no touch. Et sot mole topen. I go out of this place. I'm outta here. Joz sot mole topen. Get out of here. You are very distant (you are outside of this space): is sot mole nis
- near (communication): with words
you are near (you are with words): is kolam jetz (is kon lam jetz == literally they have words)
- far (communication): beyond words
they are far: solan pelam jetz (solan pes lam jetz == literally do not have words)
she is distant: an(a) kotix jetz
- I'm at the back: et mispal (I exist in the back - more permanent?)/ et fespal
- body / form / shape: soxel
- floor: tunaham (from tul & naham)
- middle / stable place: haru
- expanding place: hara (creation)
- sitting / squatting: mi-riz tul
- et qin haru nis: I am in the stable place (home?)
- an tzunis: it is in the middle (in the between)
- lanase tul fek ses jetz: that person is low in spirit. Spiritual sense. Not depressed.
- lanase tul fek haru jetz: that person is low in stability / home-place. Depressed?
- nole - now
- noljae - this instant
- funol - past
- funolu - past discreet time
- funola - past indeterminate span
- funola jeniz - once (during one span of time in the past)
- potonol / potonolu / potonola - future
- pelis nol lil pot - in little time/ soon
- pelin(ol) - soon
- et / solet: I / we
- yz: We, exclusive
- is / solis: You
- an: he / she / it
- anju / anja: he (male) / she (female)
- existence, change into a state, transaction between a source and a beneficiary, and part or quality of a whole
- qi- ... change into a state
- hupu qihupa: the noise becomes music
- hapa: fire, qihapa: to become fire, qoqihapa: burned, qeqihapa: will burn
- kitap qihapa: thebook becomes burning
- anja jo qoqihapa kitap: she burned the book
- hara: creation: qihara: become extant, qoqihara: made, qeqihara: will make
- rolihara: to do in this manner (thus)
- et(jo) txihara rolit? Do I do it this way?
- et rolitihara? Do I do it this way?
- is txihara holit? is holitihara? What are you doing?
- pepir: from above. qipepir: to begin to fall
- mi-: existence
- mitzunis: to be in the middle / float
- mifonis: to be among / mingle
- qifonis: to become part of / join
- et mifonis kon lanas sol jetz: I'm mingling with people
- et mifonis kon myx sol etiz jetz: I'm among my thoughts - thinking hard?
- et mitzunis kon myx sol etiz jetz: I'm floating (lost) in my thoughts
- et fol myxu nis: I'm among my daydreams.
- mikon af (jetz): to need
- isjo mikon af tam. She needs blood
- is mikon li tet anju isiz qismet: She needs her father to die (she needs that he father dies)
- tzi- transaction
- tzimyx: to think
- tzimyxa: to have an idea
- etjo tzanon tzihupa: i music (play on an instrument) the song
- etjo tzanon tzihup: i sound (play) the song (on a stereo)
- Qisylet: to become another of / another. Always in clause.
- Qijen: to become one with (join)
- is qeqijen kon is jetz. I will join you.
- tzilok: to see. tziloka: to look (at)
- anja jo sopen teniz tzilok. She saw the dawn (beginning of the day)
- anjo sopen teniz tziloka: She watched (looked at) the dawn
- laugh AT... normal ERG ABL verb ... no preposition is needed
- *Etjo qotxiposa fela hupol kez.* I laughed because of the goat. Or the goat made me laugh. This does not mean I made fun of the goat.
- I smiled because of the goat. *Etjo qotxiposa fela ret kez.*
- I smiled at the goat. *Et qotxiposa fela ret pelis kez.*
- xebe li soletjo qotzikomu (an): that bread that we ate (it)
- anju li qomilankif qoqikuraf: he who was a drunkard became a prostitue.
- mark all subjects of transitive verbs ergative (jo)
adverbs & connectives
- zas: again
- Zas is qikon af tam. She wants blood again.
- Mou zas is qikon keris. She needs a rat again
- jena: singular
- jenu: lone, only
- potot: afterwards
- mofek: at the place
- nofek: at the time (then)
- ronuz: in this / that way (referring to the previous phrase)
- pelja (pelis ja nis): almost (near the transformation)
- hal ... jetz: instead of (in the "place" of)
- x tzuf mole y liz: x instead of y
- x fal nole y liz: x in spite of y
- fal ... jetz: in spite of
- *nuzole* - because. ends the phrase that starts with *li*.
- *Li et mikonum hiqa nuzole pa is kon kez etiz jetz.*
- Because I am dead, you can have my goat.
- -i: and. miqir tzemi: heaven and earth
- et kon myx isiz jetz (nis?): I am with your thoughts (I agree)
- It would be funny if the context tells you whether or not you are being pejorative
- incohatove - qi- (intransitive): *lok sol kes liz qoqinoz*. The goat's eyes darkened (became dark)
- CAN - *pa* particle.
- volitive - *tou* particle.
valence (see book)
- *Pelis pinu noliz pot anja kez fek nulu topen tzihupol.* Until the end of time, the goat-like woman yammers into the void.
*Anju somut anjao*. Boy much-amount girl-comparative. More boys than girls. *-o* is the comparative suffix, which works the same as *-i*, the conjunctive suffix. *somut* is "more" (much amount). *somute* is "the most" (amount). *nomute* is "the most" (time). *momute* is "the most" (space). *Ten teno fure kez somut qotzifek mole*. Today day-then the-before goat many past-to here. Today, more goats came than yesterday.
- whatever. *hole af*.
- anywhere / wherever. *mole af*.
- whatever you want. *Hole af li is qikon af.*
- wherever the sheep needs to go. *Mou mole af li lofez tzifek.*
Subordinate clause xof
We are going home to feed the goat. *Yz fek peite topen lijo kez peletz txijet.* We to home direction that-ERG goat DAT TRS-food.
- I'm not sure *jo* is needed.
We're arriving soon to eat the goat. *Pelin yz mimolap topen lijo kez tzijet.* Soon we be-somewhere direction that-ERG goat TRS-food. Let's go to the place that has contented goats. *Jax solet fek mole li (an) kon kez sol kofelu.* JUS we to place that it with goat PLU content. **an** is only needed if the subject of the subordinate clause is ambiguous. I see the village that we're going to. *Etjo txilok peitotz li solet fek an.* I-ERG INC-eye village that we to it.
*role* can introduce a subordinate clause or simply a noun phrase. It means, roughly, "how". *Kez jo kop ariz qotzirox role naham etiz.* By-the-means foot my. *Et kon zanum role kez qoqihiqaum.* i with knowledge-not how goat past-incoh-life-not. i don't know how the goat died.